~The Spinning Top & Yo-Yo Museum CATALOG~ buying spinning tops, ordering spinning toys, gyroscopes, buy spinning toys, toy tops and related spinners
533 Milwaukee Avenue, Burlington, Wisconsin 53105 USA (262) 763-3946 ~ Buying Tops and Spinning Toys for sale: ~ GIFT SHOP of hundreds of tops, yo-yos, gyroscopes, & related items in downtown Burlington, WI; close to Lake Geneva, WI ~ Call for Gift Shop HOURS: 262 763-3946 ~ This page shows just a few of the items from the gift shop ~ Or use this CATALOG if you can't make it to our gift shop ~ Shop This page andAlso see Catalog p.2 (more fun & interesting things!) ~ ORDER FORM scroll to near the bottom of this page. ~ P.S. You can combine an order with items from our Logic Puzzle Museum catalogto meet the minimum, more fun stuff! ~ Oh, oh.. we are not Amazon.com, so call and ask questions, we will help you to get these great toys & gizzzmos! Orders then must be submitted by email. ~ Sorry, we no longer ship internationally
~"My Grandson's Top has arrived (from the Spinning Top Museum.) He was just a year old. I wanted to give him " a real toy" The young people who work in the toy stores didn't know what a top was when I was out shopping for it. We are so pleased with it. I'm sure we will all have pleasure seeing him play with the top. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. Thanks again!" S., Reading PA.
All sales are final. We check items over before shipping. Items are good quality when used in intended manner.
.....Hark!..Minimum catalog order: $35 plus shipping/handling/fees, per address Smart to order lots of toys at once, spreads the shipping/handling cost over many items rather than just one item.
1-. 5.5" tall Classic Humming Pump Top $8.50 each A great classic top with action pumping and then the humming fun! Metal body, plastic handle & tip. 5.5" tall, approx. 5" wide. Assorted designs. All same size, though picture makes them look different sizes.
3A Super Fun Turnover Tops, set of 2 for $7 or 3/$10 set of 2 great fun, wood tops that surprise everyone as they turnover when spinning fast. Start like the one on the right in the photo, ends up like the one on the left! ..with a bit of practice . We use these in the Spinning Top Museum and everyone loves them! Perfect hostess gift, table magic & fun, presents for all at a wedding reception, stocking stuffers, science challenges! Tell someone they "are tops" with this unique top set! Best for ages 7-107! About 1.5" x 1.5"
15A. Top Set:16 finger spinner tops! $50 Colors and designs vary in sets. Includes wood & plastic: 4 optical illusion wood classic tops in back row (about 3.25" diameter each), Dreidel game (square far left) with directions on bottom, plastic two-tone color flip-over top, handmade wood top/natural wood, 2 egg tops (one design, one you design), far right top has a physics surprise, ad top + 5 other tops! (set #15 in above white area is no longer available) This set is a GREAT school set, family set, a serious & fun science fair project, children's games and favors, or keep in a bowl in the living room! Start someone's top collection (or even your own!) Grandma likes this set at her house, too.
20. Wire Roller $4.95 Classic toy for kids & grown-ups! Hold the handle, tilt and shift, causing the wheel/top to ride and roll up and back around on the wire. A bit of an illusion fun. The wheel colors vary. Length: approx. 8" (photo is of a longer length than the ones we now have)
21. Classic Metal Gyroscope $9.50 All Metal Gyroscope, box, 1 string, plastic stand, instructions. Do classic balance Tricks and amazing science! Gyroscope is almost 4" tall
#22. Spin Art Kit $10 Sturdy top, blanks paper disks, paint tubes. The box becomes the "tray" with sides to spin the top inside of, while dripping & dropping paint on the blank disks. Instructions included. Top can be used separately, too, for endless spinning fun. Top approx. 3.9" wide. Box approx. 7" x 5" x 2". Get several & have a party!
#23 Optical Illusion Spinning Set $8 Sturdy yellow, well balanced plastic top with 4 interchangeable paper disks(& 5 patterns), each with a classic optical illusion. Information on disk backs about the illusions! See growing & shrinking illusions with the black & yellow spiral Disk. B&W Disk on left spins and produces other colors! Red & Blue Disk needs to be viewed under florescent lights for surprising & puzzling results. Spoked pattern Disk has a second pattern on its reverse side with even more illusionary fun. Top & disks are about 4" diameter.
Hark! Minimum catalog order: $35 plus shipping/handling
#23-D Book Tops $14 each -collectible- Made in USA. Unusual shape, and fun because it says "Books are TOPS! Give Reading a spin!" When the top spins it becomes quite a sight with concentric circles and areas that seem airy, turning this shape into circles. Photo shows one top sitting still and the other top spinning. Great gift for anyone and extra fun for the reader you know, and your library! They could spin this everyday, and for sure on International Top Spinning Day every year. It would inspire students next to the science books, too. Almost 2.75" wide, almost 2" tall along edge. Not being manufactured anymore, very few available. Collectible tops. Made in America.
#23-E A Tri-Spiral Revolution Top $20 Fun flat Metal spinner, black & white. Excellent flat metal disk with small pointed tip for axle and 3 concentric spiral designs. Really creates effects and optics, spinning fast or slow. Very well balanced. About 5.75" wide.
#23-G 2-Sided Wood Optical Spiral Top $9 each Wood spinner with metal disk for middle to use to spin, or spin with fingers on outside edges. Takes a little practice to get the knack, worth the practice. Spin it then stare and strange & funny optical effects occur. Pick one color or we will select one for you. Red Top (Green/purple side) or Blue Top ( with Green & purple side) Almost 5.5" wide. Not for young children. Made in USA.
2 sides of one top areshown in each photo
#23-H Classic Optical Set, Wood set of 3 for $11 3 wood finger spinner tops with classic optical effects! Two spirals plus the strange "Black & White pattern" which appears to show other colors at different speeds! Scientific magic! Each is about 3" diameter. (The "white" is really wood color.)
24. Unique collectibleMetal Top, Canada $35 each
Near mint store stock from the 1950's. Made in Canada. The string is original and aged, and the top is best as a collectible display. Yellow/red only. Excellent Collectibles. Approximately 2.25" x 3.5' tall.
#26. Holographic Optical Top $40.
Optical & light patterns: Awesome! Top base with changeable parts! Spins for up to 7 minutes! Wow! Great desk toy or living room conversation piece. For grown-ups, college age, teenagers! Base top approx. 4.25" diameter. Changeable rings and circle are card stock weight. Note: These cool tops are no longer being manufactured, so a very limited number left. Collectible, and great fun! Patterns vary.
#27. Spanish wood game top $14 A put & take game, like the dreidel game, great family fun! This is the Spanish version. "Toma Todo, Toma 2, Pon 1", etc. Metal tip. Instructions included. Approx. 3.25" tall, approx. 2" width. Paint colors & design vary.
Hark! Minimum order: $35 plus shipping/handling
#28. Game top $6.50 4-sided wood top, folk toy. Spin and follow actions: Put, Take, None, Take All. Comes with directions. Great inter-generational game.Play like the dreidle game. Made in the USA. Shapes & Sizes vary: almost 2.5" tall. Made in America.
Hark! Minimum order: $35 plus shipping/handling
#31. Very rareDuncan Award Patch- Bronze Award- Bang-a-Ball $325.00 very very very rare, unusual, Duncan Collectible. Fabric patch with stitching, circa 1962. Approx. 3" x 4 5/8". . Free shipping USA continent, insured.
___________-___________________________________________________________________ Sets of wood peg tops______ Classic throwing tops, with variety of metal tips. Vintage, used, solid wood tops with metal tips. No strings. Condition varies. Occasional slight rust on a few tips, paint worn and missing on those used alot. Not intended for slamming onto concrete, but for traditional play & fun & skill. Most range approx. 2.5" to 3" tall. Compact size is approx. 2" tall. If you need strings order #16 set also, which comes with strings or ask about string/button costs.
#2766 Four peg tops $ Range approx. 2.5" - 2.75" tall
#1803 Three wood peg tops,metal tips. Set $48
Green colors. Each tip different. Ball tip is rare
#2757 Three peg throwing tops: set $46 Rare tips: one ball, two French pointed tips. Far right top tip is rusty, probably could be cleaned up. Below:
#2759 Three peg throwing tops: set $48 Rare tips: one ball, one French pointed tip. Small red top is an unusual compact size:
#2763 Green/blue set 3 pet throwing tops. Set: $48 Three different tips, rare ball and far right green flat head tip:
#2776 Four wood peg tops: set tba Left one has rare french metal tip, third top tip may need a bit of centering:
# 2782 Four tops, blue set. Set $58 Far left top has taller, more unusual profile. Far right top with white stripe is unique compact size with rare French metal tips.
103. Pair of New, Classic Wood Peg Tops with metal tip, strings & Buttons $29/pair Each with a string and button! plus a little sheet of instructions/set. The strings with buttons are professional quality. These are the types of tops we used to teach the stars & extras on the movie set of My Summer Story (sequel to A Christmas Story with Ralphie!) Approx. 2.5" high x almost 1 5/8" at widest width. Best for ages 7-107. This is a skill toy that requires a throwing action and practice. These are great for normal use, as intended, with normal action & fun throwing and doing tricks. (Do not slam on concrete.)
.............................................................Spinning Top Museum, Catalog.........................................................
VERY Large wood tops, with cord and button
205. Giant, huge, impressive wood top $85, signed by wood turner, dated. Almost 8 inches tall, approx. One of a kind. This is the one you will receive. This is for display only. If you throw it, you accept all liability. Top must be handled carefully. All sales are final 206. Giant, huge, impressive wood top $85, signed by wood turner, dated. Almost ... inches tall, approx. One of a kind. This is the one you will receive. This is for display only. If you throw it, you accept all liability. Top must be handled carefully. All sales are final . 204. $85 205. $85 206. $85
207. A, B, C Large Wood Top $50 each Handsome, unique one-of-a-kind peg tops. About 4.25" tall, about 2.5"wide, with string & button. Dated and signed by the maker. Top can be spun, but takes skill, and can split, as it is wood. Only one of each available ..
303. Long Spinning Top $15 This silver top will spin for up to 7 days straight! Really!!!! Comes with top, base and info on "how it does that!" Great executive toy! Impresses everyone! Base almost 3.5" wide at bottom, top approx. 1" tall. Engineers, accountants, CEO's, scientists, teachers, retired folks, gadget lovers and those who love a puzzle or gizzzmo will thank-you for this unusual spinner! (looks classy on the desk), and for someone who already knows it all... Comes with everything needed to take a spin! Just a little twist with your fingers: a mystery in motion. Not for young children, really for adults, college age & teens.
304. Illusion Science Kit $14 Sturdy spinning toy top, approx. 4" diameter, with 4 different illusion patterns to spin, heavy duty booklet with 20 classic illusion tricks, 3-D glasses, and more. For ages 8+ An excellent set of materials for someone who likes illusions & fun (grown-ups or kids!), Science air projects, or a birthday party theme, or a gift for your science teacher. Kit Box aprrox. 6.5x8.5 "
............Hark! Minimum order: $35 plus shipping/handling.........
306. Wood Handle Top $19 Made in the USA. Pull string fast while holding large handle with your other hand. Top spins fast and drops out of handle. Great fun on the table or even better on the floor! Handle 7"- 8" long. Shapes vary.
307. "Button-style" spinner $6.50 wind it up, pull and release
and listen to it hum and buzz, like the old hand-spinner. Wood wheel 3" diameter. Ageless fun! Start a collection: see Catalog page 2 for a BIGGER one 222-A. The Giant Humming Disk Spinner and a fancier one 222-B "Gear" Spinner!
308. Top Guy: 7 tops! $10 A set of seven separate wood spinning tops,
displayed or stored together as the "TopGuy." Each top spins, plus it's a puzzle to put them back together to make TopGuy! Approx. 4.25 inches tall. Classic wood look, or use
309. Awesome Large Flip Over Top! (was $38) SALE $35.00 Wood, 2 piece top with cord. This is great fun & challenge, with awesome visual results! Magic & physics at its best! Pull the cord, lift the handle, and stand back! The impressive wood top spins and then flips over to spin on its stem! Upside down!. Beautiful wood designs, which vary, some have less contrast in wood tone than one shown. Handle approx. 7" long, top approx. 4" tall. Works for either right handed pull or left handed pull.
Minimum order: $35 plus shipping/handling. Smart to order lots at once, spreads the shipping/handling cost over many items rather than just one item.
310. Color Spin Pump Top $20 Pump top with amazing moving optical illusion as the 3 wheels turn at the same time the top body turns. Hums. The optical effect impresses even us adults! Metal & plastic. Approx. 10.25" tall, x approx. 7" wide.
.....and visit our downtown Spinning Top & Yo-Yo Museum toy shop for hundreds of fun toys! 311. Sky Flier Toy! 3/$7
Roll stem between palms for an up in the air spinner, great outside! Have a competition, add fun to the picnic, create interest in your event.Colors vary. Read note below to see what imprint reads. Stem approx. 7.25" long, prop approx. 8" wide. Set of 3. Assorted colors, shown & others not shown. :
312. TWISTER YO-YO ball bearing $30 For ages 8-108, not younger. Smooth spinner, long sleeper! (a bit of practice of course!) Excellent, long spinning, ball bearing with special featured bearing seats. This is the yo-yo people receive in our classes, and we use everyday as well as for shows! We test it before shipping. Extra Parts are not sold separately. This is a take-apart yo-yo. Attention to slight tightening regularly required, like all such yo-yos so parts are not lost. A contestant used their Twister Yo-Yo in a major yo-yo contest here & got 58 rock-the-babies from one throw! Metal ball bearing, bearing seats, metal axle, one string, plastic body. Smooth spinner, long sleeper! (always with a bit of practice of course!) All sales are final.
#313. Order extra yo-yo strings right away: 5 quality yo-yo strings/$2.50
. . . . Hark! Minimum order: $35 plus shipping/handling
316. Miniature pewter top $12.00 each Enjoy as is, or paint. Spin is OK, meant for for displays. Looks great on the shelf or in a miniature display Approximately .75" wide x .75" high.
318. Autographed Collectible Magazine $12 with tops and collector pictured on cover. One article about the Top Museum, collector and tops on 6 pages with 6 B&W photos. Cover is color, article is black and white. Newsprint pages, heavier cover. Many other articles in 90 page magazine. Magazine is about 8" x 10.5"
500. MY SUMMER STORY MOVIE DVD $24. Out of Print. DVDs are used, good condition. Signed by the Tops Expertfrom the movie and who is listed in the credits! We also send along a 2 page story about the museum, etc. The cover of this DVD is a different image than the one used on the VHS. There are a few of the tops pictured on the back of this DVD. There are several different plots in this sequel (to the famous and loved) A Christmas Story movie: Ralphie wants the Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas and his mother keeps telling him "you'll shoot your eye out!). In My Summer Story, the mother is collecting her dishes from the movie theater visits, the dad has fishing adventures, the Bumpess are up to something, and of course, the boys are on a quest for the best Spinning Top! We made these tops here in Burlington, and Judith Schulz, the Top Lady, was the Top Spinner and Tops Expert for this movie. Director: Bob Clark, Producer: Rene DuPont, Story: Jean Shepherd, Actors include Charles Grodin, Mary Steenburgen, Kieran Culkin. Visit the Top Museum in Burlington to meet the Tops Expert in person.
402. Magnetic Tops: silver snakes $7 each Super fun! Concept invented in the late 1800's. Plastic tops, silver colored metal snake rotates around the spinning top's tip, makes everyone smile! Simply intriguing science fun! Assorted colors. Snake is not attached to the top. Top is about 2" in diameter, snake is about 2.75" Fun for grown-ups, too!
403. Magnetic Tops: patterned snakes$6 each Different than Set A pictured above. Tips have very sharp points, so not for young children Super fun! Concept invented in the late 1800's. Plastic tops, patterned 3" snake rotates around the spinning top's tip, makes everyone smile! Snake is not attached to the top. Assorted colors. Top is about 1 5/8" in diameter. Not for young children.
~ ORDERING ~ ~ ORDERING ~~ ORDERING ~ Spinning Top & Yo-Yo Museum 533 Milwaukee Av, Burlington, WI 53105 (262) 763-3946 All prices subject to change. We are not a high-tech ordering center, just helpful volunteers at the educational museum. We ship either USPS or UPS in most cases. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged goods. All packages to USA addresses will have delivery confirmation & tracking. Insurance, signatures, etc. are best and are additional costs. Sorry, We do not ship international. ~You may pay by Paypal, money order, postal order, or cashier's check, or certified check only. ~Sorry, no personal checks & we do not accept credit cards at this time. ~Minimum order is $35, plus shipping & packing/handling charges, + electronic payment fee ~ SAVE MONEY: If you order just one item, it is like going to the grocery store for just one thing: a more expensive trip cost per item. By ordering many items in one order, the base/main cost of shipping/handling is spread over many items ~Shipping is based on shipping distance, size and weight ~Packing/handling is a min. of approx. $5 - $8 per carton for small orders & small size tops; larger orders and larger items are higher packing/handling costs, and if there are any special needs of an order. ~RUSH ORDERS?We can rush orders with an additional charge.
START ORDER HERE ....Please submit this form by email, just copy it and paste it into an email.... then fill it out and email it to us at [email protected]
.............~ ORDER FORM ~.............
>.>.>.>. Minimum order of $35 + shipping/handling/fees per address
and please indicate in your message's subject line that it is a catalog order Thank-you. .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.
Ship to address:
City, State, Zip:
Your phone ( ) Cell ( )
Item #, name, price of items ordering (easy to copy, paste item info):
Date you need to have this?________________ or Send as soon as possible____.
Note: We only accept PAYPAL (we will email you how to pay with Paypal) Min. $35 order.
We will then email you with the shipping total. Thank-you for your order.
Did you see that we also have a CATALOG PAGE 2? More fun stuff for your order!
NEXT: ~ we will email or call you to confirm availability, and email the total cost with shipping and handling, and insurance if required. We will email you how to make the paypal payment ~We always pack in sturdy cartons, with plenty of inside protection. ~NOTE:All sales are final, we do carefully check over each item before shipping to you ~ HARK as we use these things in our teaching programs and museums we know these are good items, but we still guarantee everything is breakable) (promise) Every item has to be good enough for us to use in our programs, for us to even have it on this page. ~ Call if you are looking for other types of tops, we have lots of tops, yo-yos, gyroscopes, etc.! ~IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY AND HAVE A TIGHT DEADLINE, additional options are : A. Send/email them a gift certificate with picture telling them their gift package will arrive in next week or two, B. Buy it now anyhow, and save for the next holiday, birthday, or celebration C. Have the package shipped COD: this does add extra cost to your total